Sep 29, 2003

Last week was my birthday (Thursday to be exact). It turned out to be a nice, quiet day. As birthday’s go, that was fine and as days go it was really good.

It was a nice day, I had lunch Al Fresco with Mike (congrats on the raise buddy!), coffee with Brian and Ed and then got a wonderful massage (no, I hadn’t realized all the tension I was carrying around in my neck and shoulders).

The mark of a really good massage is practically falling asleep on the table (which is what happened). We could’ve gone out that evening (for dinner) but, in truth that was a pretty full day and I slept very soundly for the first time in a long time that night.

Last week I got the news of someone else’s birthday: Congrats to SLC and Elan:

Elsie Bel Cole
September 14, 9:34 a.m.
7 Lbs, 3.5 oz., 21 inches
2 hands, 2 feet, 1 belly button
approx. 27 gajillion poops
infinite heaps of charm


We had a flood here over the weekend. It happened over night and looked pretty bad on Sunday morning. At first I thought it was the roof but, it turned out the water came in by way of the back stairs (leading to the basement). Funny thing is a few weeks back we actually managed to get all the leaves cleaned up from the concrete in the back and the stairs themselves. In all that time the basement never flooded even though there were a ton of leaves over the drain. Then everything gets cleaned up and a few leaves (really only a couple) block the drain during a deluge and the next thing you know there’s water all over the floor.

It’s not as bad as it could’ve been and anything that got damaged was destined for charity, ebay or the trash. Most of the stuff is now “up” so, the water didn’t really get to it. It’s more like when a sink or washing machine overflows - just a big pain in the ass.

Last week was a good week as weeks go.

I got a little bummed out on Monday (which I started to write about and will finish the entry eventually). Tuesday a lot got accomplished, Wednesday I finished some of the catalog work and Thursday was bday. I was even very flattered when Jill (my erudite literary cousin) sent me an article from her newspaper column she wanted me to look over.

There’s always a bunch of stuff to do - I just have to get into “discipline” mode which means not watching as much TV and exercising a bit more.

The baseball season ended this weekend. As a Met fan it was akin to shooting a lame horse (please put us out of our misery). There’s a lot to look forward to next season: Jason Phillips, Jose Reyes and Jae Seo.

I was trying to find info on who will be in the free agent class in the coming off-season and I ran across this baseball blog. It’s actually worth checking out for any baseball fan. I had wanted to compose my “things the Mets should do in the off-season” entry along with my predictions for the playoffs.

I have a bunch of entries I’m working on including:

• The musical chairs of work.

• Trying to write about racism (without sounding like an absolute moron).

• Super powers (although this may actually become an article for submission for publication).

and of course, baseball.

No comments: